Saturday, May 9, 2009

Moda Bake Shop/The Bookkeeper

This is on the Moda Bake Shop website. Thanks for sending it to me Patsy. Patsy knows I love my Kindle 2. I did not publish all the instructions here, just the pictures, however the step by step directions are terrific on the website.

I am not one to look at different blogs and websites unless I am looking for a particular item, so I appreciate it when someone sends me cool links and/or ideas.

The BOOKKEEPER


This is my FIRST project for Moda Bake Shop and I'm really excited to share it with you.

One of my favorite things to do besides QUILTING and CRAFTING is READING! So, for Mother's Day this year my DH bought me an Amazon Kindle. I was sooo excited to get it early and I've already read three books and I'm in the middle of two more books. I just love this new technological wonder. It's amazing. It holds over 1,500 books in one place and weighs less than a pound. Wow! So, I made this handy little pouch to protect it. If your purse is anything like mine, it needs protecting!

The BOOKKEEPER can also hold any paperback book that measures less than 9 " x 6" and isn't too thick. If the book is thicker it needs to measure approximately 5" x 7" inches. If you need a bigger size you can customize the pattern to fit whatever size book you have. Just measure the circumferences of the book and add at least an inch to the width and length to allow for the seam allowances and flap.

The BOOKKEEPER could also be used as a handy little purse or sewing pouch. You could even throw in your make-up for an overnight quilt retreat.






1 comment:

Laurie said...

Great project! I went to the link and her instructions look great. I look forward to seeing your completed bookbag!