Sunday, July 3, 2011

What Have I Been Doing in 2011? Besides Recovering from Shoulder Surgery

 Even through recovery I managed to do a few quilting projects.  The quilting is difficult, it is hard for me to manage the thicknesses through Big B, but piecing is easy.  I have a lot of trouble cutting because I just do not have the strength to hold the ruler down, even with my Gypsy Grip.  I hope that by September I will be able to start quilting all the tops I am creating now.

Table Runner I made for Kathy's Birthday- Pattern: Magic Table Runner from "Clever Quarters" by Susan Teegarden Dissmore

Close up of Magic Table Runner
Small Table Runner from batik charm pack Jill gave me.  Pattern: Modern Table Runner (a birthday gift from Laura) A quilt  as you go pattern from G. E. Designs.

Back of Modern Charm Runner (Backing fabric was a Christmas gift from Laurie)
Storm at Sea Quilt that I made for my porch swing from a Benartex Kit of triple-dyed Bali Batiks, a laser pre-cut kit.
Back of Storm at Sea Quilt
Storm at Sea Quilt on the Porch Swing
Poppies Quilt by Clothworks featuring fabrics from the Poppies Collection by Pamela Mostek.  I cut all the pieces to this quilt months ago, so it was easy for me to work on with a stiff shoulder.
"Enchanted Earth" Quilt Featuring "Earth Angels" Fabric Collection by Debbie Mumm, a South Seas Imports Kit
Close up of "Enchanted Earth"

No comments: