Saturday, December 20, 2008

"A Single Thread" by Marie Bostwick


I saw this book advertised in one of my quilting magazines and put it on hold at the library after reading an excerpt on Amazon.

I really enjoyed this book. It is about a woman named Evelyn Dixon who moves from Fort Worth, Texas to New Bern, Connecticut to complete her dream of having a quilt shop as she is still reeling from her divorce.

Evelyn makes friends through her quilt shop and the story follows Evelyn's first year of having the shop and the life of a friend made through the shop.

Whereas this book does not go into a lot of quilting details like some I have read, it has enough quilting in it to make it a quilting novel in my book. It was a very nice story, and left me wanting to meet these "book friends" again.

Marie Bostwick has a website, www.mariebostwick.com and when you become a reading friend you can get into her forums, which includes a quilting forum, and read her blog, etc.

Her next book will be called "Cobbled Court" and will be out in the summer of 2009.


No comments: