Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend of Charity Quilting

I love Jenny Doan video tutorials.  Last week I watched her tutorial "Amazing Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern by 3 Dude!"  

I really liked how easy the pattern went together and thought it would be fun to try. I decided to spend this weekend piecing quilts for Project Linus using a jelly roll I had on my shelf.

Saturday I pulled up Ally McBeal on Netflix and started sewing the strip sets together and making the blocks. Today I laid out the blocks on my design wall and pieced together the quilt tops.  I hope to buy some backing fabric this week and finish them before the middle of October.

This will be the perfect opportunity to try out a couple of different quilting methods so I can decide how to finish off the Bright Cat quilt I am making Loni.

I did not spend a lot of time putting together the strips except to put the ones that had more of a pastel feel to them together and the really bright ones together.  I could have spent hours working with the patterns and redesigning each quilt top, but chose to pick a pattern and stay with it so that these quilts would eventually actually end up some where besides the design wall. 


No comments: