Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quilt Shop Hopping - Trek Tri Weekend

Mina, Loni and I went to Austin, Saturday, October 1, 2011 to participate in the Trek Women's Triathlon as a relay team.

The girls were nice enough to let me indulge in some quilt shop hopping on Saturday and on the way back home on Monday. 

It turns out that we did not pick the best weekend to see the quilt shops since there was a quilt show in Round Rock that day and the shops had a lot of their inventory out at the show, but there was still plenty to see in each shop.
First stop was The Cotton Cupboard.  This shop had a lot of samples up on the walls and some very nice fabric selections.  If I lived in the area I would definitely be a customer.

Honey Bee Quilt Shop was our second stop.  The ladies in this shop were super duper friendly.  I wish I could have visited when they were at full inventory. 

Third stop was in Salado to visit The Sewing Basket.  I have visited the booth of this shop at all the quilt shows I have attended, but this was my first time to actually stop in the shop.  Once again the ladies were really friendly.  I had a lot of fun looking at all their different displays and samples.

Our last stop was Common Threads in Waxahachie.  This store has a lot of charm.  They had a lot of quilt kits and patterns.  

All in all it was a great weekend of quilt shop hopping.

No comments: