Monday, April 27, 2009

Short Quilt Shop Hop

On Saturday, April 25, 2009, BFF and I went on a short quilt shop hop, it was my birthday gift from BFF.

We started at Quilt Country in Lewisville, TX. It was important for me to go there because that is where I found the Moda Metallic Marble that I was using in the cat quilt back, and I needed amore for the binding, or I would need another fabric.

When we arrived at Quilt Country the first thing I did (well, after a quick trip to the loo) was to go to where I knew they kept the Moda fabric I needed. Fortunately, they had 1 5/8 yards left, and I bought it all. I could not chance of not having that fabric on hand to finish that quilt back.

BFF and I found several fat quarters we liked and a birdhouse stencil for the cat quilt. I love Quilt Country but I do get very overwhelmed in there due to all the selections and the quilts they have throughout the store.

The next stop was The Quilter's Workshop in Carrollton, TX. They have moved into a new shop and I really liked the lay out. This is where I decided to use my gift from BFF. There was a pattern I really wanted and several beautiful fat quarters. BFF bought some Laurel Burch Secret Jungle fabric so that I can make her some pillowcases. The lady that helped us was named Cindy and let me tell you she had her hands full with the two of us. BFF and I had trouble agreeing to the accent fabrics to her pillowcases.

I had a great time, and I am glad BFF had a chance to see all the beautiful fabrics.

No comments: