Sunday, April 26, 2009

"The Lost Quilter" by Jennifer Chiaverini

I read "The Lost Quilter" by Jennifer Chiaverini on my Kindle2 last week. It is what I would call an companion book to "The Runaway Quilt" by the same author, and I would recommend you read the "Runaway Quilt" first if you have not read any of these books before.

I love this series of books, and this one did not let me down. I felt as if I was right there with the slave Joanna observing what she observed, and wanting her to get free. I felt her strength with each word I read.

The boys forgot I had told them not to order the book for me because I was getting it on my K2 and so I have two copies. The great thing about the hardback copy is the quilt blocks that design the inside covers. They are in color and it helps you visualize the accompanying story.

No comments: