Saturday, January 31, 2009

"Easy Quilts" Spring ?

I just received by Fons&Porter's Love of Quilting Easy Quilts through my Quilters Club of America. I am a little confused because it says Spring, 2008, but no matter it has some terrific quilts in it, including one that is done with landscape fabrics.

I am just starting to pay attention to landscape fabrics, but they fascinate me. The one in the magazine has a large deer or elk in the middle and that really does nothing for me, but I do think there is a way to use these fabrics without any animal being involved.

Hancock's of Paducah has some landscape fabrics. I really like some of the rock, grass, and tree fabrics I have seen.

There are some other great quilt patterns in this issue of the magazine that I look forward to trying.

We have just about completed the projects we have been doing around the house to get it all cleaned up and ready for spring, so I hope to get back to my quilting soon.


1 comment:

Tiffiny said...

I called F & P custoemr service on this same question. It's just a typo, it is their Spring 2009 issue. It made it clear through editorial without anyone noticing that small detail.