Friday, June 5, 2009

Seam Ripper Stabs Deep

I really don't know how it happened.

I am taking the hand quilting out of the sashing on my Beginner Sampler Quilt with the hope I can use it in my machine quilting class next week.

In my lifetime, I have ripped a lot of seams out, with no problems whatsoever. Tonight I was ripping out the threads in the sampler quilt and suddenly I felt horrible pain in the tip of my ring finger. I looked down and the seam ripper was buried to the hilt in my finger tip.

I pulled the seam ripper out and had my youngest bring me a band-aid. There was not a lot of blood, but there was a very dark spot. I think the bleeding was pretty deep into my finger, and it is very sore.

I still have no idea how the seam ripper ended up in my finger tip. I am always careful. I wasn't distracted by the television or anything else. Just a fluke, but a painful one.