Thursday, November 25, 2010

Where oh Where did my 4x4 Square Go?

In the process of making the Cat's Pajamas, Two pattern, I lost one of the 4x4 squares.

When I opened my project box, I had all 320 pieces.  I had the pieces out of the box and on the table for 2 days while I arranged them and started sewing.  When I got to the last block, one square was missing. 

I searched and searched.

I searched the living room, hallway, bedroom, bathroom, laundry, garage cans, recycling can, dirty clothes hamper, pockets of the clothes I was wearing, and my robe.  I asked Loni to search, then I asked the boys to search.  I went through all the pinned blocks to make sure two squares were not stuck together.  I have counted and recounted squares.  It is not to be found.  

I offered money to the boys to search again, and they did.  Still no square.  
The only thing I can do now is add another color and take out random pieces from the blocks I have pinned and try not to think about the fact that there is a little square of fabric, probably right in front of my eyes, laughing at me. 

I

1 comment:

Loni said...

it is sitting in a corner somewhere laughing at all of us